Hi,

> > And tell which of platforms is a good example of using those?
>
> Juno, FVP, Morello, N1SDP, one NXP platform and ArmVirt use them. Probably
> the last one would be best to look at but who knows...

Probably not ArmVirt.  At least not the qemu variant, maybe the kvmtool
version.

On qemu the usual workflow is that qemu generates the acpi tables,
matching the virtual machine configuration, and the firmware just
downloads and installs them.

> > From first look it seems like using ACPI table generators may allow to
> > simplify code by not creating tables by hand (or in ASL). I would
> > like to do some changes around SBSA Reference Platform without rewriting
> > ASL into C again.
>
> In meantime I rewrote some ASL into C. Again. Now need a way to generate
> DSDT for PCIe buses. Can write something in C again. But do I really need
> to?

Is there a non-qemu implementation of the SBSA Reference Platform?
If not it might be easiest to offload acpi table generation to qemu.

If the acpi tables are not changing you might have a look at
OvmfPkg/Bhyve/AcpiTables instead of going for DynamicTablesPkg.

take care,
  Gerd