W dniu 12.04.2024 o 14:43, Marcin Juszkiewicz via groups.io pisze:
W dniu 8.10.2023 o 19:25, Marcin Juszkiewicz via groups.io pisze:

I hate replying to myself after half a year of not seeing any answer. So added some people from repo to Cc:

Can someone point me to documentation on how to use ACPI table generators and ConfigurationManagerProtocol?

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/DynamicTablesPkg/Readme.md tells the story and points to presentation from 2018 with some pictures in it.

Looks like the only documentation is the code itself. Is checkout of some old tree and looking change by change how it was done on some platform the easiest way to find out how to use it?

The more I look at */ConfigurationManager.[ch] the more I do not like the amount of static structures there. All those EDKII_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY_INFO covering 1000 lines looks like "how the hell I will find what to change in other piece of code".

Any doc pointers? Recommendations (other than "change your job")?

I have spent two days on trying ConfigurationManager and finally gave up. The idea behind may look interesting but implementation of it is terrible. And there is no documentation for it.

Edk2_Platform_Repo_Info struct full of other structs can be one thousand lines long. Then are functions to query those structs - which can take almost another thousand lines.

For hardware where amount of system components is known and does not change it may be tempting. For those like sbsa-ref/QemuSbsa it means extra code to fill struct of structs with hardware details (cpu nodes, gic nodes, cpu topology/hierarchy/cache info etc).

So I am going back to how "my" platform is done. Probably will learn AmlLib to create DSDT from C code.

And if someone considers using ConfigurationManager for their platform: please reconsider it as it may not be worth your time.