One thing you could try is writing a (daemon) script in perl that tails
the access log and acts on occurances (ie: load them into a database,
report errors, etc). Useful for monitoring when logcheck isn't enough -
might work for you although might have it limits if volumes are high. I
can supply you with a simple example if you wish.

--
Alan McNatty -- Catalyst IT Ltd -- http://www.catalyst.net.nz
  Level 2, 150-154 Willis St, PO Box 11-053, Wellington, NZ

... error accessing whit
Segmentation fault (core dumped)