We're working with a SMPP 3.4 server that validly (according to the 3.4
specs) terminates the C-Octet Strings it sends us with a NULL character.
This currently isn't handled directly by Kannel and ends up as an extra
character on the message content.

For example a message of AAA, length 3, now arrives at Kannel as AAA@,
length 4 [which is obviously wrong]

I've made a short term workaround to remove the character by using the
octstr_strip_nonalphanums on the msg-sms.msgdata however I'm interested in
whether everyone thinks Kannel should strip off this null character (like I
do) or whether this should occur at application level?

If it's Kannel I'll submit a proper patch

Alex
Skywire
http://www.skywire.co.uk/