Alan McNatty wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 18:54, Nisan Bloch wrote:
> > Hi
> > At 03:46 PM 2/27/03 +1300, Alan McNatty wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >found that if I type in the smpp password incorrectly kannel loops
> > >forever trying to reconnect. ie:
> >

> > -1 from me
> > In the current form this path will not allow any retries for any sort of
> > bind error. eg what happens if there is a temporary connectivity issue, or
> > the SMPP server is down for a short while/
> >

> What I'm trying highlight is that there is a gap in logic ..
> Currently regardless of the type of error we continually retry to bind.
> If we specifically receive an error indicating the password is invalid
> the SMSC is obviously up but we may as well kill the thread.

yep, that's true in some sense. Trying to reconnect forever while we
get the error information from the SMSC that we can't login with that
credentials *could* be considered as login abuse :)

At least I would consider this if our SMPP clients would hammer our
SMPP server with invalid credentials.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG