> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:52:15PM +0100, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>> AFAIK, you have been able to install Fedora on Intel Macs since 2008
>> (that was when I first tried). To not be able to install Fedora on
>> (Intel) Macs is a regression.
>>
>> > Also, there is a large difference between shipping a release that
>> > works on a majority of hardware with the goal of fixing it where it
>> > doesn't after, and "stop supporting certain hardware".
>> >

>> How do you fix it if you can't install the release? Do you make a new
>> release with all the testing again (to make sure you do not have other
>> regression bugs)?
>>
>> > Lastly, support is a very loaded word, particularly in the context of
>> > a community driven project.  We actually do not have an x86 equivalent
>> > of the ARM supported-boards list, so it's completely random as to what
>> > laptops and desktops are tested and prioritized.  That might be
>> > something to focus on going forward.
>>
>> It has been in the release critera that you should be able to install
>> on macs and it has worked for a very long time. If you are going to
>> remove that support you should really let people know in advance (not
>> a week before release).
>
> You seem to confuse something being in the release criteria, and
> something being possible. But that's secondary. If you would like this
> scenario to be supported, then commit to testing it before the next
> release (in advance, at least a week before the beta freeze).

If something is in the release criteria I expect the feature to be
present in the release. If the feature in question has worked for ~20
Fedora releases it is not my first priority to test, unless there is
specific communication otherwise, like specific "Mac install testing
days" (which to my knowledge there hasn't been).

/Andreas