On 30.6.2020 18:45, Reindl Harald (privat) wrote:
Am 30.06.20 um 20:29 schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
On 30.6.2020 17:49, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:34:27 AM MST Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Given Hans proposal [1] introduced systemd/grub2/Gnome upstream changes
it beg the question if now would not be the time to stop supporting
booting in legacy bios mode and move to uefi only supported boot which
has been available on any common intel based x86 platform since atleast
2005.
This is simply false. I'm currently writing this email on a ThinkPad X200
Tablet, which does not support UEFI. I can get dropping x86 support, but
dropping BIOS boot support?

Such proposal would never be about stop supporting older hardware that's
just a misconception people are getting

And it's quite evident by the response here that hw that is atleast 2010
and older is still quite happily being used and that hw does not support
UEFI and no one is talking about taking that away anytime soon
you are the one talking about "why Fedora should still continue to
support legacy BIOS boot as opposed to stop supporting it and
potentially drop grub2 and use sd-boot instead"

sd-boot requires the kernel and initrd on FAT32 - creep away until you
realized about grub2 even support UEFI

if someoen with a @redhat.com email would have come up with your inital
mail you would have cried fire and conspirancy

to be honest: what is worjng with you?

I was in contact with Hans who is a Red Hat employee and the owner of the change proposal whom I reference in my original post to the list privately prior to me posting my question to the list in which he himself encourage me to go ahead and propose Fedora x86 UEFI installs to sd-boot if I was up for it along with another Red Hat employee who was relevant to our discussion so I have no idea what you are referring to.

to be clear: if you again refelct a private message on a public forum i
will seek you and i will find you - if you want sue me, but in private!

The best way to deal with individuals like you who are threatening people behind the scene, is exposing them, something that I should have done when I managed the sysv to systemd feature in Fedora and ask again like I did last time you how many mails like this do you send privately to persons inside and outside of the Fedora community everyday?

That said I first and foremost suggest you seek help and familiarize yourself with Fedora's code of conduct [1] and strongly encourage the entity within the Fedora community to take a close look at this.

JBG

1. https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/