On Tue, 2020-06-30 at 20:32 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> Grub discourages users who have tried sd-boot from coming/returning
> Fedora [1].
>
> Bottom line I think this will be a good move for the distribution and
> good time to start looking into and make that move.
>
> JBG
>
> 1. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/c0f3z5/systemdboot/

I read the whole reddit link, but I couldn't understand what's wrong
with grub. The poster admits to having an obsession with keeping the
number of packages to a minimum (I don't know what that has to do with
grub), and doesn't like grub for some unexplained reason. Note that I
have never used sd-boot. So far, I've used LILO (starting with Red Hat
Linux 5.0), grub1 and grub2. These days, I don't even notice the boot
loader. This means it's doing its job properly. :)

Maybe I should try sd-boot in a UEFI VM and see for myself, but can
someone explain what's the difference?

I have one system where I run Fedora Server in UEFI mode and I haven't
ever had the need to mess with the bootloader. It just shows its menu
for 5 seconds and that's all that it does. I don't understand how can
something like that discourage a user from using Fedora? :)

Best regards,
Nikolay