Steve Cossette wrote:
> But I feel like I'm going off subject. I also think you are right, the KDE
> COPR-solution would work as long as it is documented somewhere. We could
> simply put it in the Fedora docs page, but also clearly note that those
> packages are not supported, but will be updated until the underlying
> frameworks (e.g. Xorg, or when the KDE foundation no longer supports Xorg,
> whichever comes first) are no longer available.

Unlike you ("you" = the KDE SIG), I actually believe I can probably keep my
*-x11 packages on life support for some time even if and when KDE upstream
drops their X11 support. Kinda like I have been doing for, e.g., Blogilo.
Realistic would be until the release of Plasma 7, unless some Plasma 6.x
introduces major changes that make it impractical. But I hope this is not
going to be a concern for Fedora 40.

        Kevin Kofler