On Friday, 2 February 2024 20:56:22 CET Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> regarding tracking (and taking) bugs, and
> lack of timely updates, for something as
> visible as the entire desktop.

Here you are highlighting some of my (I speak for me, not the KDE SIG) main
concerns:

- If a user decided to install the X11 package and has an issue: who do you
think they are going to reach? who is gonna get the "bad publicity" for the
issue? ( specially when we are forced to tell them we don't support X11...)

- As the packages stand right now, the KDE general updates will have to wait
for the proposed packages to be updated by their maintainers or we will have
to do the updates ourselves (which defeats completely the point of our change
proposal).

Best regards,

Marc