CVS has been updated with our first implementation of MMS VAS support in Mbuni.

The short story:
Mbuni now supports sending and receiving MMS via the MM7/SOAP protocol as specified in 3GPP 23.140. Get CVS and play.

The longer story:
In the config file for mbuni (cvs version that is) you can define one or more value added services providers (VASPs). The userguide (found in the doc/ directory) explains how to do this. (A sample config file sent.) Mbuni will then accept messages from VASPs and send them on, and will also send messages to VASPs when received.

Since this required yet more changes to Kannel, you must first patch and install Kannel before compiling Mbuni. (Patch file is in directory misc-patches/.) Specifically, we updated the Kannel config file format to include the new directives, and also added a new function to mime.[ch] (existing ones were somewhat broken).

For testing purposes, the Openwave MMS SDK (found at http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/openwave_mobile_sdk/ mms_sdk/) is useful. It also comes with the actual source code (very useful, since the supplied lib -- vaspapi.jar -- has a bug or two). The SonyEricsson lib seems a bit limited...

Next we plan to implement the EAIF interface, while we clean-up the SOAP code. Very good feedback has been received on the mmbox code, and a number of fixes have been done in the meantime. All on cvs.

Please send feedback. Lets hope no bugs were introduced :)

Cheers

Paul

PS: cvs browsing: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mbuni/mbuni/