I know that this issue has been already posted some time ago,
there are 2 main projects working on mach64 chip:
- gatos.sf.net (that is working on TVout and XVideo)
- dri.sf.net (as regards 3D)

I think that both of them did a great job even if they are still beta.

mach64 chip is getting older and older and these patches are still
out of the xfree86 CVS.

Now I've to untar the beta dri drivers and restart X when I need 3d
and need to untar the beta gatos drivers and restart X when I need XVideo.

I would really like if at least one of these 2 project is soon included
in XFree86 (with the default set to disabled if you're worried about
stability) so  I've just to get the patched binaries of the other one
to have my mach64 card fully working.

And I think that this will lead to more beta testers that will hopefully
speed up the development (hoping that there are still people using
this old chipset).

Could anyone here if this merge can happen before xfree86 4.3.0?

                  Diego Liziero ([EMAIL PROTECTED])