Hi Guys,

I know I have asked this before, but I can't seem to find my emails and
the mailing list archive does not seem to be responding.

What sort of back/forward compatibility is there with the XFree86 driver
modules? From memory last time I tested this, if I compile a 4.2.0 module
it will work with any version of 4.2.x, but it will fail to load on 4.3.x
or 4.1.x. So right now we are thinking of building modules for 4.0.x,
4.1.x, 4.2.x and 4.3.x and shipping all four modules with our installer
(which will auto choose which one to install).

Is that the correct approach? Or should we be building modules for each
released version of XFree86 (ie: 4.1.0, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.2.0, 4.2.1 etc)?

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~