David Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I just noticed that my XFree86 build seems to be building with debug info
> >enabled. Is that the default when you do an install and 'make World'? How
> >do you enable an optimised, no debug build by default? I want to build
> >everything optimised by default and then switch to building just my
> >module with debug info when I need it.
>
> It should build without debug info by default.  What defaults are you
> overriding in host.def.

Ugh, I completely forgot about that file! I think one of our developers
has edited it. It contains:

#define LinuxDistribution       LinuxRedHat
#define XF86ExtraCardDrivers    scitech
#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt      -g
#define XFree86Devel            YES
#define DebuggableLibraries     YES
#define BuildRman               NO
#define BuildHtmlManPages       NO
#define BuildLinuxDocHtml       NO
#define BuildAllDocs            NO

#include <linux.cf>

For a release build I should probably just remove the
'DefaultGcc2i386Opt' and probably also 'LinuxDistribution'? Then it
should use the default optimisation flags right? I haven't played with
the host.def file for a while so I am a bit rusty ;-)

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~