There is, as you say, no current usable option.

I'm personally using OpenCM (http://opencm.org).  In the future it will be
much more viable than it is now.  Then it would be a very usable option.
The unuse-ability at this point is slowness, reliance on boehm-gc, and
no sub-projects (implemented) yet.  Aka you cannot just checkout a subdir,
it is the whole project or not.  There are promises to implement this as well.

The reason I am using it is its integrity (sha1 throughout) and security
(openssl connection to the repository, uses ssl certificates (not signed) as
user keys to the repository) and has first class branch support.  It makes
it very easy to track my own private development `branches' for my uses
in OpenBSD when trying out bind, vinum, v6 apache, SMP, v6 X, and several
others.  But it is very much slow going when doing a checkout or a commit
on anything but relatively small projects.

Hence, it is not ready for consideration *yet*.

Thanks,
--
Todd Fries .. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                    Land: 405-748-4596
http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com              Mobile: 405-203-6124
"..in support of free software solutions."

Key fingerprint: 37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
            Key: http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt

(last updated 2003/03/13 07:14:10)

Penned by Daniel Stone on Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:28:10PM +1000, we have: