David Dawes wrote:
> If you look through the 4.3.99.15-1.3.99.16 patch, you'll find the
> patch hunk that removes xc/lib/font/FreeType/ft2build.h.  I don't know
> why it didn't happen for you.

Well, you're right. After patching I'm left with some zero-length files.
The "patch" documentation says, that patch should normally remove such
empty files automatically, based on timestamp analysis. I guess that
it's just that I've applied several patches that caused this trouble.
The first patch got the right timestamps, but the next ones probably
didn't. Mea culpa.

At least now I know that I should use the '-E' option when patching to
remove those empty files. I've generated a list of files from the
current tarball and from my local version, compared them, and it appears
that I have 87 redundant files. Well, at least now I know how to avoid
that in the future - patch with -E.

Many thanks for your patience :)

--
\hoppke