Dick,

> I apologised to Dan offlist.

Yes, you did apologize and indicate to me that you did not intend your
comments to be accusing Mitel of any issues relating to the GPL.  Thank
you for that apology.

> I had a polite PRIVATE discussion with Greg,
> and Dan chose to post back to the list.

I hate to resurrect a thread because it is in the process of dying nicely
all by itself.  However, given that I am publicly being accused of posting
private conversations onto a public list, which is something I would NEVER
do without the permission of those involved, and given further that this
list will shortly be shut down and only exist as a web archive, I feel
that I need to set the record straight.

Dick, as I mentioned to you when I privately sent you the links below
yesterday, I did NOT post a private discussion back to the list.

If you look on the public web archive of the devinfo mailing list found
at:

you will see that your message to Greg was posted publicly to the devinfo
mailing list at:

Gordon Rowell then followed up with a public reply:

and I followed up with a public msg after that:

with comments and other follow-ups again sent to the public list.

There was never a posting of a private discussion to the list.

I dearly hope that all of these strong comments yesterday (yours, mine and

others) can just be chalked up to miscommunication and/or a bad day,
and that we can all move forward together in advancing this community.

Good night,
Dan