Why must we continue with the smart ass responses?  All the guy wants is
some help.  So, maybe you should tell him that the list is for dev
questions, and to use the forums at contribs.org.  Just a thought,
people appreciate kindness.

David,

I would suggest to you that you do get the 6.0 final code and install
it.  Do a fresh install if that is possible.  Then set up your system to
be able to do backups.  Then go to the console and type
/sbin/e-smith/do_backup.  If you get a good backup, then you know the
tape drives.  Then, if you install Darrell's contrib and get that error,
you will confirm that the contrib is not compatible with 6.0.  Then you
should be able to do an rpm -e to uninstall that package.

Good Luck,

John Bennett

>>> Hsing-Foo Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/23/2003 4:48:01
PM >>>
Hi David,

> I have just done an install of an Mitel Networks server 6.0beta3 box
with an
> Adaptec 29160/P SCSI Controller card and a Segate STD2401LW DDS-4
20/40Gb Tape
> Backup Unit

I guess you should _not_ use any beta's anymore since there is a 6.0
Final.

Next to that, I don't know if Darrell 'designed' his contrib for 6.0
either beta or official.

I hope it's not a production environment.

Hsing-Foo

Searchable archive at
http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org