> But let us not forget what I consider to be more common use case (for
> which we are not optimized and has nothing to do with child porn)...
>
> I have a friend, and would like to communicate with him/her
> "securely" in an email or instant-message like way.

This is trivial without Freenet - just exchange your PGP keys and send
each other encrypted email. And I believe a number of XMPP clients also
support PGP encryption, solving the need for secure one-on-one and group
communications.

Freenet's main attraction is a resilient, censorship-resistant,
distributed data store. That works well for one-to-many applications;
moderately well for one-to-group applications; and not so well for
many-to-many and one-to-one applications, unfortunately.

Regards,
Victor Denisov.