On 2013/07/22 (Jul), at 12:32 PM, Victor Denisov wrote:

>> 2) Most people on Freenet have no real enemies and so care far too
>> much about their friends' feelings and not enough about their actual
>> enemies, compared to our threat model.
>
> I think it's slightly different. Let's imagine I'm a passive pedophile;

As strange as that thought-experiment was, I think it gives a good case "when
you have something to hide" and the communication is that for broadcast
publishing.

But let us not forget what I consider to be more common use case (for which we
are not optimized and has nothing to do with child porn)...

I have a friend, and would like to communicate with him/her "securely" in an
email or instant-message like way.

It may be that Freenet cannot "win" in the p2p paranoia market until it makes
that workflow trivial (and then gets better content in the p2p
storage/publication realm as people later explore this other "free"
functionality). As there are other mechanisms that beat freenet hands-down in
this area in terms of required setup.

--
Robert Hailey