The DDN email list still seems fairly active so is there any reason the
community itself cannot take responsibility for administration of the DDN
web?

By way of comparison - TechSoup forums and community's are managed by a
small team of geographically dispersed volunteers. TS staff oversee the
process however most day-2-day admin and moderation tasks (generating
discussions, answering queries, removing spam and spammers etc.) are
completed by volunteers.

It's not a criticism of DDN to suggest that Techsoup is a lot more active
(and receives a lot more spam albeit hidden to the userbase!) than DDN,
mostly due to the efforts of our volunteers. Administering the DDN web
really should not be an onerous task providing suitable volunteers can be
found.

Plus... as I sit in a tiny village in rural Australia administering a forum
run by an organisation based in California providing support to NPO's in
such diverse locations as Ottawa, Cape Town, New York City and elsewhere...
I'm left thinking... Isn't this exactly what DDN aspires to promote? What a
world is opened when we challenge and break this digital divide!

Don