One other interesting factor in the use of the Simputer, is the access to a
source, to use the computer. There are some unusual ones and often that
discussion is lacking. There have been various ways posted of using alternate
energy
sources. This comes from actually working in places where I have seen a lot of
computers chained down to desktops with no source of electricity , and with
some concern about when or where this source will be found.   There are some
great solutions.

In discussing the use of the simputer, and other technologies, I too would
assume that some education is necessary, though I know about the hole in the
wall, experiments. One of the errors in the US educational system has been the
lack of involvement to help teachers make transformational use of new
technologies of all kind. This is a frequent error.

Sincerely
Bonnie Bracey