I actually like the idea of a simple low cost computer to "assist" with
bridging the digital divide, with an emphasis on ASSIST.  But I do have a
problem with the idea of Open Source operating system; maybe someone can
clarify this for me.

If Microsoft has such a problem with people hacking into the loopholes of
their closed source code, what type of malicious viruses will we begin
seeing if an Open Source Operating system such as Linux becomes the dominant
OS?

Raymond Waynick