Andy,
I spoke with Kavita Singh over the weekend regarding the same issue.
Based upon our experience in Houston, I believe there is both an
opportunity and a responsibility for  community technology centers to
take the lead in number of ways.
        1.      CTCs should be established at every center serving the
Evacuee Community
        2.      Best practices and uniform policies for data collection
and survivor search should be implemented.
        3.      A planning guide should be developed for CTCs serving
the needs of the evacuee community
        4.      Entrepreneurial solutions for training and job creation
should be developed for implementation at leading CTCs near significant
evacuee populations.
        5.      Implementation of these suggestions should placed on a
fast track in order to address the short term critical needs of the
evacuee community and achieve longer term goals that include job
creation and acculturation of evacuees into new communities.

TFA is willing to share our lessons learned in order move such a plan
forward as quickly as possible. There are several hundred thousand
persons in shelters across the U.S. These persons will be our new
neighbors and they make our hometowns theirs. May CTCs welcome them and
lead the way to engage them and support them.

Will
www.techforall.org