-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Andrea
Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DDN] Technology Review Magazine TR35

Hello to the DDN Community,

The Center for Media & Community at EDC takes pride in the selection of Andy
Carvin, CMC Program Director, as one of Technology Review Magazine's annual
TR35 recipients, awarded to 35 high-tech innovators under the age of 35.
Among other winners whose achievements are shaping the world we live in are
Bram Cohen, developer of Bit Torrent software; Stewart Butterfield of
Flickr.com; and Regina Barzilay at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
who is teaching computers how to read and write. Andy, a technology activist
for more than a decade, was honored for his work with the Digital Divide
Network and for promoting the concept of mobcasting - groups of people
collectively using mobile phones to post podcasts.

Our thanks to everyone who nominated Andy for the award, including members
of DDN, WWWEDU and LM_NET, and especially to Rebecca MacKinnon, Patsy-Wang
Iverson, Brendan Greeley and Taran Rampersad who joined me in supporting the
nomination. A celebration for the honoree's is scheduled later this month at
MIT and we extend hearty congratulations to Andy and the other recipients
for their contributions in the digital age.

Profiles of the TR35 can be found here:

http://techreview.com/articles/05/10/issue/feature_tr35.asp

Andrea L. Taylor, Vice President
Education Development Center, Inc.