Congratulations Andy!!!!!!!!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 9/6/05 12:58:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The Center for Media & Community at EDC takes pride in the selection of Andy Carvin, CMC Program Director, as one of Technology Review Magazine's annual TR35 recipients, awarded to 35 high-tech innovators under the age of 35. Among other winners whose achievements are shaping the world we live in are Bram Cohen, developer of Bit Torrent software; Stewart Butterfield of Flickr.com; and Regina Barzilay at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who is teaching computers how to read and write. Andy, a technology activist for more than a decade, was honored for his work with the Digital Divide Network and for promoting the concept of mobcasting - groups of people collectively using mobile phones to post podcasts.

The reach of the DDN community is longer, wider and deeper than we know sometimes.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Bracey

Rebecca MacKinnon
Research Fellow, Berkman Ctr. for Internet & Society
www.GlobalVoicesOnline.org
"The world is talking. Are you listening?"

Weblog: www.RConversation.com
North Korea zone: www.NKzone.org
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]