While we have all this media attention on relief efforts, this is a rare
opportunity to get the word out about why Internet access matters.  We
should redefine the meaning of "rescue" to include communication
along with food, water, shelter, counseling, etc.  There will be plenty of
rehashing over what worked and what didn't in Katrina relief, and we
can all advocate for more technology planning and implementation.

Andy, are you up for writing some op-ed pieces for the Washington
Post or NY Times?  You've got the cool credentials :-)

Susan Myrland
Silvergate Consulting
San Diego CA
619 . 316 . 6022