Hi Susan,

I'm definitely considering it. I need to get through a bunch of conference calls about relief efforts first; then, I'll see if I can pull something together...
ac

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

While we have all this media attention on relief efforts, this is a rare opportunity to get the word out about why Internet access matters. We should redefine the meaning of "rescue" to include communication along with food, water, shelter, counseling, etc. There will be plenty of rehashing over what worked and what didn't in Katrina relief, and we can all advocate for more technology planning and implementation.

Andy, are you up for writing some op-ed pieces for the Washington Post or NY Times? You've got the cool credentials :-)

Susan Myrland
Silvergate Consulting
San Diego CA 619 . 316 . 6022

p.s. Andy, Will, Gene - you rock!