In a message dated 9/6/05 10:38:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Folks:

There is some really creative local leadership coming out of the folks who
moved the Lafayette broadband initiative through the local political process.
John St. Julien is one of the leaders.  They are very creative, forward
thinking and sensitive to balancing immediate needs with longer term planning.
Perhaps using Lafayette's experience and plans as demonstrations for telecom
plannng in the redevelopment of NO, other parts of the Gulf Coast and other
places
in America where there is human and economic value in connecting the
disconnected.

Andy, would recommend you check in with John if you're planning on an op-ed
piece.  You will be impressed.  And think a bit about the application of the R&
D experiences of TOP for local application.

Nice hearing from you Susan.  I still remember your introduction to the AFCN
group in the redwoods.  Delightful.

Don Samuelson