Dear Colleagues,

I just want to mention a vision that a few of us in the Katrina
PeopleFinder Project group have been discussing.

What if we got together with the national CityCares / Hands On Network
<http://www.handsonnetwork.org/our-network/> and the Community
Technology Center Network <http://www.ctcnet.org>?  What if the Hands
On Network recruited volunteers (to be trained by the Katrina
PeopleFinder Project) who would be willing to go to local CTCs in the
event of an emergency, in order to process data about missing persons,
or to help distraught loved ones who are searching for evacuees to
enter queries into the PeopleFinder database?

If we had a network of previously-trained national or international
volunteers  - and sites to which they could report - in advance of
emergencies - then the folks who were in unaffected regions would have
an immediate way to help those in need.

What do you think?

Best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn