Hi,
The appeal of JT65 is multi-faceted...works great deep into the noise
so I can work stations as meager as more own at some distance. Also
the freq tolerance, as you mentioned.

It is automated so a double right click on another call sets things
in motion - sit back and watch!

Socially it means one need not pass more than minimal info -- a
pleasure to ones not wanting to engage discussion with morons like me!

Interesting all around, me thinks..

73

Bill N9DSJ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but the nature of the WSJT software is that it will decode signls
within a
> 600 Hz range.  So, unlike many other modes, even if you are off
frequency
> and not  able to hear anything...it will decode.
>
> Andy
>

> On 5/30/07, Brian A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Let me play devil's advocate.
> >
> > Regarding HF JT65A operation in practice in the presence of the
usual
> > atmospherics.
> >
> > If I can't hear a signal, chances are near zero that it will be
found
> > tuning about the band by looking at the waterfalls. One almost
needs
> > to sked such "difficult paths". You have to know he's going to be
> > there before looking.
> >
> > OK but much different from the normal HF mentality of tuning for
> > random QSO's.
> >
> > So you have to depend upon the other guy hearing/seeing your CQ to
> > establish one of these random marginal QSO's. But all things being
> > equal, he likewise won't find you at random for the same reasons.
> >
> > I was just wondering how many of these random really weak signal
> > contacts actually occur on HF. Like I said in my case it has been
zero.

> > 73 de Brian/K3KO
> >
> > --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com <digitalradio%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Andrew O'Brien"
> > <andrewobrie@> wrote:
> > >
> > > All good comments. I agree with Danny AND Rick. I think I can
> > safely say
> > > that this group is responsible for the sudden explosion of JT65A
> > activity on
> > > HF, remember it is just one month old as a common HF mode.
> > >
> > > I'm perplexed too, I can find JT65A activity almost 24 hours
per day but
> > > rarely hear ALE and Olivia these days. I hear Hell and MFSK16
but
> > not as
> > > much as JT65A, by a big margin.
> > >
> > > As Danny correctly identified , JT65A, is simply amazing for
extra weak
> > > signal detection. Actually, I am not sure if it's the mode or
just
> > the WSJT
> > > software, maybe the combination. I think however, that if
someone like
> > > Patrick developed software that would perform Olivia , ALE,
> > DominoEx, etc ,
> > > etc...in the same manner as WSJT, hams would use it . Thus, I
think
> > we have
> > > found that many hams enjoy a software product that enables
precisely
> > timed
> > > "beacons" with simple responses to validate reception and a
legitimate
> > > exchange.
> > >
> > > In summary, JT65AWSJT performs well under weak conditions and
the timing
> > > divisions are attractive to experimenting hams. Give the same
> > ability to
> > > Olivia and Dominoex, easily, and I am sure use of those modes
would
> > > increase.
> > >

> > > Andy K3UK

> > signals
> > this
> > it, plse

40yahoogroups.com>
> > <digital_modes%40yahoogroups.com>
40yahoogroups.com><digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>>

> > for weak
> > existing weak
> > trying it

QSB, etc.