Bruce,

One thing to do, if you are using a varient of MS Windows is to set the
default soundcard back to the soundblaster. For XP go into the 'Classic'
Control Panel and select "Sound and Audio Devices", then go to the 'Audio'
tab. Make sure your soundblaster is selected as the default device.

When you go into the digital software (I use MultiPSK, DigiPan and DM780)
select the USB Soundcard as the interface to use. By default it will use the
soundblaster since that's what the previous step told it to do.

I think that Windows defaults to the 'new' USB soundcard because it is usually
a set of headphones, speakers or a fancy external 5.1 soundcard.

Hope that helps. I've got the SL-USB working on XP and Windows 2000 so far and
going to try Linux this weekend. If you still have problems with it please
email me direct if you like, or come back to the list for extra suggestions.

Cheers,
        Dave.
--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)