I have an HF rig, but rarely get on HF because of my wife and neighbors.  But
after reading the past few threads, I'm GLAD that I DON'T get on HF!  Sounds as
if it's gotten to be nothing more than a low frequency CB band!!

Whatever happened to common courtesy? Or better yet, COMMON SENSE??

I operate primarily on VHF & UHF and  I've found that since the CW requirement
has been lifted, the bands, and it sounds like ALL of them, have been taken
over by RUDE, inconsiderate "human" know-it-alls, who don't give a hang for the
regulations that were put in place to keep the Amateur Airways AND the hobby a
FUN place to be!

Sorry, but the FCC pulled a BONE HEAD act on this one!  Now true hams are left
to clean up, what we can, and police the bands.  It's a FACT that unless
someone is purposefully interfering with a public safety band or some BIG
business with MEGA BUCKS, the FCC will just ignore the complaint!

Sorry, my soap box!

Rod
KC7CJO

list email filter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well Danny, I've got to say I think I've accomplished what I set out to
 do, and I'm just a little hopeful that a few of the list members did a
 little thinking, and that a few newbies 'might' have realized they can
 'get by' without a $3k linear and an additional $200 a month on the old
 electric bill.

 Even the "it takes a kilowatt to drown out everyone else on the band so
 that a person half way around the world running a K2 on a battery into a
 wire can't ignore me" guy hasn't risen to defend the 400 watt rag
 chewer.  In my mind, I'll take that not as a victory, but at least to
 mean there is hope.

 In the end, its a hobby.  There are people in the world that define who
 they are by something they are passionate (or perhaps obsessive) about.
   I long ago learned it is pointless to challenge their beliefs,
 successfully doing so is tantamount to invalidating their lives.  Its
 much easier to enjoy life, and let them find comfort in their own beliefs.

 I'll stick around and jump back up on the soapbox every now and then, I
 don't need a victory, just getting a few people to actually think is
 more than I should really have hoped for.  Who knows, if enough people
 think about it, in the words of Arlo Guthrie, "friends they may think
 it's a movement".

 73,

 Erik
 N7HMS
 IRLP Node 3804 445.975 Simp PL103.5

 Emails sent directly to this address instead of going through a yahoo
 group are automatically processed as junk mail, so I never see them.  If
 you want to email me directly, try 'mycall' at 12bars dot com, thanks.