From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rick
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:21 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Need new emergency communications mode: Server

Isn't this exactly what can be accomplished with open source collaboration?

How does it work now with PSKmail?

The main thing is to insure that no additional complications are needed
that can be yet another failure point. This is one of my criticisms of
Winlink 2000 and why I don't consider it to be a good design for
emergency communications. It is fine for casual use, and may be useful
in some emergency situations, but it is much less dependable than other
methods since you need to access it through a PMBO of which there are
very few and may not work well for your situation. If you want to set up
a PMBO, it is not your decision to do so. And it has to be set up and
configured long before any emergencies occur.

If a PMBO happens to be allowed for your immediate area you could use it
as a mail server without the internet, but only a few places can have a
PMBO and most local traffic can be handled with Airmail 2000 or packet
connections if that is available yet in your area.