Who showed up first?

I believe that on the light of the previous discussions, PJ2/WK4Y came
first, he should not have been QRM'd with PSK, MFSK or whatever, and all
activity should have stopped until that spectrum chunk  was cleared, as
SSB is authorized on those frequencies in this part of the world.

So, PJ2/WK4Y was hidden to K1CRU but not to KV9U. PJ2/WK4Y should have
not been willfully interfered, according to Part 97.101something...

If the situation happened to be the contrary, someone should have
plugged his microphone, fired up on LSB, and warned PJ2/WK4Y that the
frequency was already in use in PSK, MFSK or Olivia.

I am afraid that something does not fit...and not only with "robots".

A theory, in practice, may prove to be more complicated than the same
theory, in theory.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

PS: Don't try to convince me of what is allowed and not, I know that the
allowed modes do not match up in the States and down in the Caribbean.
I am just taking adventage of the example posted. Life is certainly
richer than we may imagine at a given moment. I am not looking forward
to any further discussions or accusations. This is just food for thought.

---

Rick wrote:

> I was trying to work some 40 meter digital this evening but there are
> stations that have some audio extending down to 7070 which makes it
> difficult to use digital up at 1500 up from 7071. In fact, for a while
> PJ2/WK4Y was operating LSB right on 7071.5 which I think would put his
> passband right over the PSK31/digital mode waterhole.
>
> I was calling CQ in MFSK16 and Frank, K1CRU came back to me from CT. I
> was only able to copy a small percentage however he was able to copy me
> 100% because he did not have the interference.
>
> We tried switching to Olivia 500/16 but that was worse and copy was
> barely 10% on my end, but again, 100% on his. I then suggested we try
> Domino EX 8 which is available in Ham Radio Deluxe/Digital Master 780,
> but was not able to copy him after that.
>
> I would like to hear opinions on other's experiences working through
> voice splatter? I know that MT-63 can work except that the wider
> versions can not work as deep in the noise as you find with modes like
> MFSK16.
>
> What have you found that worked and what did not work.
>
> 73,
>
> Rick, KV9U

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu