----- Original Message -----
From: "Demetre SV1UY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 4:37 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Winlink Can Be Reliable in Emergencies

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  <SNIP>  <SNIP>

>> The core issue is not that WinLink conveys email or uses a
>> digital mode protocol that's wide or narrow -- its that its unattended
>> stations (PMBOs) transmit without first listening to ensure that the
>> frequency is locally clear.

  <SNIP>  <SNIP>

>>    73,
>>
>>         Dave, AA6YQ
>
> Well,
>
> Can you admit that there are people with different points of view
> Dave? I'm afraid you can't.
>
> We can all enjoy our hobby without condemnations Dave. Everything is
> acceptable in the hobby OM.
>
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New year and smile a bit OM!
>
> Winlink, PACKET RADIO or e-mail, etc. are not evil! They are just
> another form of DIGITAL MODES which you might not like but others like
> them so there!!!
>
> 73 de Demetre SV1UY

Demetre.......

What I've quoted in Dave's message are his core thoughts, the thrust of
his message thread.

Your reply, as I said in another message, does not touch his comments.
It's as if you were talking about a totally unrelated subject.

So, let me use the automobile analogy in my own way.  We all like the
automobile.  I'm sure you do as well.  What I do not like about the
automobile is its use by people to drive intoxicated, because they kill
and maim people.  I do not like the use of excessive speed because
speed kills - except on the Autobahn. I do not like automobiles
being driven on the wrong side of the highway, because that can kill
someone.  I do not like automobiles being driven at night without
proper lighting such as headlights and taillights.  I do not like an
automobile to be driven by an unlicensed driver for safety's sake.
I do not like an automobile to be moved down the highway without
a driver controlling it with his/her hands on the wheel.

What am I saying to you?  That I do not like automobiles or that
I do not like illegal and/or improper use of automobiles?

Tell me which?

Howard W6IDS
Richmond, IN