  From: Rui Manuel
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:23 UTC
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Emision designators for EasyPal

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  > Looking at the mode as a QAM constellation with several speeds, if
  using
  > an SSB transmitter and sending an image (fax) and excluding the
  > bandwidth part, for HF using an SSB suppressed carrier with a quantized
  > or digital signal with sub carrier and sending facsimile it would
  likely
  > be J2C?
  >
  > And for VHF, and I assume you mean FM, which gives the much larger
  > bandwidth, FM angle modulation sending a quantized or digital signal
  > with sub carrier and sending facsimile or F2C? Or with a phase
  modulator
  > using the G symbol as you suggest?
  >
  > If sending Data instead of image, then the third symbol changes from C
  > (fax) to D (data) except that I am not sure if F2D is considered to be
  > Data here in the U.S. as it does not seem to be listed as one of the
  FCC
  > approved ITU emission classifications for "data."
  >
  > The multi-channel second symbol selection of 7 may only be for much
  more
  > complicated multi streams not normally used on amateur equipment.
  >
  > Maybe others have more knowledge of this?
  >
  > 73,
  >
  > Rick, KV9U

  Thank you for the reply Rick

  It is not easy don't you think? What puzzle me are the several data
  carriers that I see on the waterfall.

  Not considering the bandwidth we can omit the first part

  For the first could be anything (type of modulation of the main
  carrier) like J, F, G, or even in special cases M, K and Q.

  Now the hard part, the second numeral. (nature of signal(s) modulating
  the main carrier)

  No modulating signal 0
  FALSE
  A single channel containing quantized or digital information without
  the use of a modulating sub-carrier 1
  FALSE
  A single channel containing quantized or digital information with the
  use of a modulating sub-carrier 2
  MAYBE
  A single channel containing analogue information 3
  FALSE
  Two or more channels containing quantized or digital information 7
  DON'T KNOW
  Two or more channels containing analogue information 8
  FALSE
  Composite system with one or more channels containing quantized or
  digital information, together with one or more channels containing
  analogue information 8
  MAY BE (because we are also using the waterfall pictures in analog,
  and files in digital)

  Now the third letter (type of information to be transmitted)

  No information transmitted N
  FALSE
  Telegraphy - for aural reception A
  FALSE
  Telegraphy - for automatic reception B
  FALSE
  Facsimile C
  FALSE we are transmitting files (wav,txt,and so on)
  Data transmission, telemetry, telecommand D
  MAY BE
  Telephony (including sound broadcasting) E
  FALSE
  Television (video) F
  FALSE
  Combination of the above W
  FALSE

  This is only for the first 3 letters missing the others two letters
  for additional information

  Any help or comments ??

  Rui, CT1QK