I would gladly discuss with you how we can make the systems work together,
with the ultimate goal to increase efficiency and service coverage of both...

As I cannot find any usable information about SkipNet (other than the generic
definition of several
flavours of overlay networks with skipnet routing) I would be interested to
know
what you are actually doing in that area....

Pskmail is presently an internet or LAN access system for HF, i.e. it uses
existing internet infrastructure as a transport medium wherever possible, and
it provides
efficient 'last 3000 Miles' HF connectivity to various internet services like
email, web access,
twitter etc.+ fully compatible HF APRS messaging and posit beaconing.
Pskmail servers are stateless, i.e they do not retain content, but provide
agents
to interface with internet services. As such I don't think you can compare it
to SkipNet functionality
(but I may be wrong here...)

There are plans to add DTN functionalty to pskmail in future in order to bypass
the internet
transport in emergency situations, and I am fully open to any form of
suggestions...

I propose we take this off list...

73,

Rein PA0R

rein at couperus dot com

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Pages at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended digital mode software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk
Logging Software:  DXKeeper or Ham Radio Deluxe.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: