It seems that there are only a handful of hams who have any interest in
ARQ modes for chatting. There don't even seem to be many interested in
even using this for public service communications either and quite
frankly I am very concerned by this.

There is nothing wrong with using older techniques and technologies, but
when breakthroughs occur that move us much farther along the path to
having the ability to both keyboard and send files error free for the
first time with a sound card mode, it tells you that hams really are not
interested in this after all. I have brought this up on a number of
other groups with nearly no response.

FAE400 is not that new since it has been around for several years. Maybe
part of the problem is that it is only available on one program that is
less popular, but I have not been able to get much interest from other
multimode digital  mode developers.