Hi Skip.

The DOS executable is here:
http://www.cnunix.com/ftp/hamradio/tapr/software_lib/utils/7plus20.exe

The source code is here:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/ham/7pl217sr.tgz

7plus is available as installation package in some Linux distributions. I was
maintaining 7plus installation package and other HAM applications for SuSE
Linux in Prague when I was a student.

There is one neat thing about 7plus. 7plus files have standard header and tail.
The packet radio modems often snipped out the 7plus sections from their RX
window and stored them into appropriate files. Some applications even executed
the 7plus utility to decompress the data when all pieces were received. There
were even programs, that extracted 7plus files from monitor. This allowed for
multicasting, if the link quality was good.

73, Vojtech