I was monitoring PSK on 20 meters today with DM780 V5.0 Beta when a window pops
up in the lower right corner of the screen that says, "MFSK32 transmission on
2632 Hz.   Click here to select."  I had never heard of MFSK32 before so I
clicked on the window and immediately found KN4SA calling CQ.  I responded and
we had a nice QSO in a new mode I had never heard of before.  The speed was
just about right for us but I was very surprised when he sent a picture of his
2 element quad embedded in the message.

Later while monitoring Olivia 16/500 the window popped up again saying, "Olivia
16/500 transmission on 1650 Hz.  Click here to select."  I could see nothing on
the waterfall and could not hear anything but when I hit the select option I
found VK2AYD calling CQ right in the middle of the waterfall.  A few minutes
later after turning the antenna around in his direction we connected and had a
very nice QSO.

I am convinced of the value (need) for using RSID for the less recognizable
modes.  Now I need an SDR radio with 96KHz bandwidth. - Hi

Great ideas and implementation, Patrick, Simon and others.  I am hooked.

Ed
WB6YTE