I would argue the other way.

When you go to individual software programs, it means that you have to learn
the user interface, set-up, and operation of a number of different programs
with a number of different interfaces and a number of different approaches as
to how software should be written/how software should interact with the user.

When you go to a suite, there is consistency.  You learn it once instead of
having to learn it four or five or six times.

I started with individual programs such as WinPSK, MMTTY, etc.  It was a pain.
I was always doing something wrong because I had just come from a different
program that worked differently.  And if I wanted to switch modes because I saw
a promising signal ...

I eventually stumbled on DM780.  You only have to set up those modes that you
use, and setting up an individual mode in DM780 is no more difficult than
setting up that mode in an individual program.  AND, the basic stuff requires
only one set up one time -- basics such as my rig, my call, how I want the
waterfall to look, and my macros.  Especially my macros.  It's very nice to
have consistency so that I know a particular macro will do the same thing every
time on every mode.

BTW, I don't do computer control of the rig.

Jon
KB1QBZ