>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com]on
Behalf Of "John Becker, WOJAB"
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:01 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] ROS are sending data from your PC

And many are still looking for an answer of why some (at one point or
another) was banned from using the program.

>>>John, no one but Jose knows why specific ops were banned from using his
application. Empirically, one ham was added to the "persona non grata" list
shortly after posting that he had asked the FCC whether or not ROS was
legal. My callsign appeared on the list after I sought to verify with FCC
personnel the claim on Jose's blog that the FCC had approved ROS for use by
US amateurs -- a claim the FCC characterizes as both false and fabricated.
Perhaps my "promotion" was motivated by some earlier perceived infraction,
but its entirely irrelevant because ROS is not legal for use by US
operators; it's like being put on the "no use of aviation frequencies" list.

   73,

        Dave, AA6YQ