>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com]on
Behalf Of rein...@ix.netcom.com
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:31 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] ROS are sending data from your PC

Hi Dave,

Let me ask your a question after assuring that the use of ROS world
wide is increasing rapidly.

We can ignore that, as most do, we can be mad about it, we can as US
licensed radio amateurs say it does not concern us,it is not fair, etc etc.

If there is such a list, I plan to make a real big stink about it. I am
disappointed that John as a potential member on the list, does not want
to research that. But then I can't force people.

Have plenty idea;'s about doing that. But before starting such an action
I like to know whether such a list still exists or not.

Is that unreal?

>>>I don't know what you mean by "unreal", but it's certainly a waste of time
>>>as far as you, W0JAB, or I am concerned. US operators can't use ROS on HF
>>>whether they're on the list or not.

I tried to contact the ARRL just a few minutes ago and was
given a go around, from one phone number to another, 20 minutes waiting.
Friday afternoon in CT, with the Executive Chief Officer out of the country?

>>>Given that it represents the interests of US operators, you'll have a
>>>difficult time convincing the ARRL to do anything about a mode that US
>>>operators can't use on HF anyway. The IARU would be the more appropriate
>>>organization with which to raise this issue.

Do not want to start here a flame war on the ARRL. But is this not the place
to discuss issues related to digital modes?

>>>Yes it is.

A digital mode with a list of banned calls?

>>>Certainly, though of course Andy K3UK has the last word on this.

     73,

        Dave, AA6YQ