Hi Charles, *,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Charles Jenkins <cejw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     dim dummy() ' Empty array of parameters
>
>     starDesktop = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop")
>     url = ConvertToUrl( ExcelPath )
>     doc = starDesktop.loadComponentFromURL( url, "_blank", 0, dummy )
>
>> I think I need what is described in
>> http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P147655 -- an extension
>> that can wrap strings into the property values required by
>> loadComponentFromUrl(), so I can fill the array of parameters in a way that
>> tells LO it will be loading the text file into a spreadsheet.

The "extension" just is a helper function for pretty-printing, you
surely don't need that, but can enter the values right away.

Dim args() as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args(0).Name = "FilterName"
args(0).Value = "Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)"
args(1).Name = "FilterOptions"
args(1).Value = "<yourfilteroptionsstring>"

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Filter_Options#Filter_Options_for_the_CSV_Filter

HTH,
ciao
Christian