Thank you very much, Eduardo and Christian. I guess I misread that post I
linked to, because it left me with the impression that creating those
properties couldn't be done in regular VB.

Now if only I can find a way to convert my tab-separated .txt file to a
comma-separated .csv file, I think all would be golden.

I tried using VB to open the text file, read from it, convert each line, and
write to an output file. Unfortunately, on Windows, the output is garbage. From
what I can tell, it looks like LibreOffice's LINE INPUT command reads in
garbage from the source file, probably because of an error in Unicode
conversion.

Could LibreOffice VBA call an extension written in Python? Converting TSV to
CSV should be trivial, and I'm betting a Python extension would do it
flawlessly.

--

Charles