On Nov 17, 2007, at 7:04 AM, Todd Zaki Warfel wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Jared M. Spool wrote:
>
>> One could just as easily argue that Dreyfuss's 17-page example is
>> excessive. If he can't do it in 2 pages, then no one will ever pay
>> attention to him. But, they don't, because that's just crap too.
>
> No kidding. 17 pages is excessive. Talk about something that a
> client would never actually use. If we can't do it on 1-2 pages,
> then in most cases it's an artifact that's not going to work.

Once again... it's *NOT* 17 pages. It's a chapter in a book that
describe getting to know your customers, and the chapter is 17 pages.
Inside the chapter are all sorts of diagrams, posters and design
deliverables that do a damn good job of giving designers data and
information that can inform their work far better than the report
format most people use to disseminate personas.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Principal, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world