> I would suggest to those that make persona deliverables that the
> format, the template and the deliverable is a core reason why
> personas are having trouble being adopted properly at more places.

I think Andrei's entirely correct with this suggestion. The format of
personas is so... well, it's just so CUTE. Not surprisingly, a lot of people
can't get past this fact.

"Oh, wook at the wittle customers. Dey're so cuuuuute! Who's dat big boy?
Who's dat big girl? Ah, wook at the pictures. Oh! Dey even have *names*!"

This throws up barriers to adoption. Which is unfortunate, because much of
the power of personas comes from our ability to process character and
narrative; we're hard-wired to respond to that stuff. Scenarios address half
the equation by introducing narrative, but they're more easily accepted in a
business context because they aren't cute.

--
Robert Barlow-Busch
http://www.chopsticker.com