Agreed with Dave and David, and here are some additional points to consider:

1) The demographics of more experienced candidates (i.e. more likely
to have a family and other personal obligations) make them less
interested in moving to areas with a high cost of living like SF/NYC.
Conversely, less experienced candidates may be much more willing to
relocate to these areas, but are more likely to get screened out by
HR.

2) If an employer is determined to stick to a minimum experience
requirement of 5+ years for a "senior" position, they are
automatically at a disadvantage. A number of people I know have
recently moved into "senior" positions after 1-2 years of UX
experience. Whatever those who have been working in this field for a
while may think of this trend, it is very much a reality.

3) Given the current state of the US economy/currency, fewer
experienced professionals may be willing to move to the US from other
countries. Here in Canada, the trend has actually reversed itself -
the homecoming of expats previously living in the US is now on the
rise. Add in the insanity of the US immigration system, and the
cost-benefit analysis for prospective immigrants is much less
compelling than it once was.

Dmitry