Douglas St.Clair wrote:
> To see if compliance might be the issue then why not test a few of the
> pages that have given trouble on the w3c.org website with their tools?

I'm a little embarassed I forgot to try anything like that, and you've
hit the nail right on the head.  Instead of submitting anything i simply
tried the copy/paste to Writer from compliant coders.  I tried their own
pages at w3c and also went to another site I knew claimed to be
compliant.  And, they created definitely usable documents.
  As much as they get bashed for it, there are times when Quirks Modes
turns out more useful than I thought, I guess. And why MS's code isn't
compliant either<g>.  The latest junk experience came from trying to get
some of Dell's support pages for posterity.

Okay, so:  What can I do to make it a workable situation for Writer at V
3?  Any suggestions at all? I'm not stealing copyright material; I just
want to assemble some Support paperwork on disk for future Dell TSing.
Am I stuck with Word for the time being?

Cheers,

Twayne